Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC)
Infection prevention and control (IPAC) knowledge is critical in order to protect patients and staff, and to help decrease the risk of transmission of infection in health care.
Online Learning – Public Health Ontario
All physicians, office managers and other employees are strongly encouraged to acquire basic infection prevention and control skills and knowledge by completing the IPAC Core Competencies online learning modules available from Public Health Ontario.
Local support from Public Health Ontario
- COVID-19: What we know now – IPAC West-Primary Care Community of Practice presentation, June 24, 2020
If your staff contract COVID-19 at work
As an employer, you have a duty to report an occupational illness if your staff contract COVID-19 at work. Consult this Ministry of Labour resource on reporting workplace incidents.
Another resource from Middlesex London Public Health:
- Healthcare Workers (HCW): Testing, Quarantine, and Self-Isolation
- Routine practices poster
- Fact sheet: hand hygiene for health care settings
- How to wash hands and how to use hand sanitizer
- Medication safety poster – proper aseptic practices