Skip to content
- Cross-training of staff and planning for backfilling positions should a staff member be unable to work
- Temporary Workers – agency? Do we need to worry about where else they’ve been working?
I need staff!
What if you are sick or test positive but have to work?
- While at work, the health care worker (HCW) should adhere to universal masking recommendations, maintain physical distancing (remaining greater than 2m/6 ft from others) except when providing direct care, and performing meticulous hand hygiene.
- These measures at work are required to continue until non-test based clearance (or test based clearance if required by employer/Occupational Health and Safety).
- The HCW should ideally be cohorted to provide care for COVID-19 positive patients/residents if possible. The HCW on work self-isolation should not work in multiple locations.
- See the provincial guidance for health care workers who test positive for COVID-19 for more information.